- Refurbishing Hub CapsI saw a "helpful hint" for refurbishing rusted hub caps on TV and tried it out. It worked pretty well so I posted the results here.
- Creating Mini ProjectsThis is an article that I wrote and originally appeared in Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine. If you don't subscribe, you're missing out on a great magazine. You can find a link to their website under the Favorite Links tab of my website.
- Checking a Mechanical Voltage RegulatorWhen I had a regulator problem with one of my Cub Cadets, I set out to find out how the regulator worked. I couldn’t find any good, simple discussions on the subject, so I played around until I found how I think everything works. This article is based on my ideas and impressions and isn’t necessarily correct but seemed to make sense to me. I take no responsibility for the accuracy of my ideas.
- Clutch Removal and DisassemblyI've removed and replaced over a dozen clutches in narrow frame Cub Cadets. I spent a lot of time working under the tractor for the first few I worked on. Since then I've found easier ways and have to do very little work under the tractor. This article explains how I do the work.
- Removing the Front PTO and Basket PulleyI only deal with narrow frame Cub Cadet garden tractors so all the following discussion concerns those series of tractors. It seems that removing the front PTO is always a challenge. I’ll explain here how I do it.
Sub-Categories (# of articles)