We saw our fourth Haban advertised on line. The gentleman that had it for sale was attending a garden tractor show at some distance from us. But a good friend was attending the show and was more than willing to pick it up. And this one was actually made for a narrow frame Cub Cadet. As with all the Habans we’d purchased, this one had missing pieces. But they’re cheaper that way and I’ve had lots of experience making these missing components!!
The two mounting brackets that connect the mower to the front axle were missing. But by one of those odd circumstances, when I’d purchased several Cub Cadets several years earlier, there was one bracket included with the purchase. I had no idea what it was for until I got this Haban home and “connected” to the tractor.
When I got the mower “wired” up in position was the first time I realized what that bracket was for.
With this bracket as a pattern, it was easy to manufacture another one.
The other thing that was missing was the arm that’s used to support and raise the blade. That arm had been missing on two of the other Habans we’d purchased but was included with the first one.
This Haban required an arm made from square tubing, but with the above arm as a guide, it was relatively easy to make a new arm.
With those parts manufactured, it was a simple matter to finish up the installation. Clicking on the pictures below will give you a larger view. You can’t tell from the pictures, but the Cub Cadet has two rear wheel weights on the left side.
There’s a video of the mower being used in the Video section of this website. As always, if you have any questions or comments, you can contact me through the website.